WE ARE STRONGER TOGETHER
ONE TEAM ONE VOICE!!
Legislation endorsed by the Council of Prison Locals:
Introduced in the 116th Congress:
The Stop Stupidity Act (S. 198), introduced by Senator Warner (D-VA) on 1/22/19
• Permanently ends government shudowns by providing an automatic continuation of appropriations for the federal government, except for Congress and the President and their staffs, in the event that there is a lapse in normal appropriations.
A bill to make excepted federal employees eligible for unemployment insurance (S. 165), introduced by Senator Blumenthal (D-CT) on 1/16/19
• Clarifies that during a government shutdown, federal employees excepted from a furlough and thus required to go to work without pay are eligible for unemployment compensation.
Thin Blue Line Act, introduced by Sen. Toomey (R-PA) and Rep. Buchanan (R-FL)
• Makes targeting and killing a law enforcement officer or first responder an aggravating factor in sentencing for a capital crime when a jury evaluates whether to impose the death penalty.
Eric’s Law, introduced by Sen. Toomey (R-PA) and Rep. Marino (R-PA)
• Mandates that if a jury at a capital sentencing hearing does not reach a unanimous recommendation on the defendant's sentence, then the court must order a new special sentencing hearing and impanel a new jury.
Back the Blue, introduced by Rep. Poe (R-TX) and Sen. Cornyn (R-TX)
• Establishes new criminal offenses for killing, assaulting, and fleeing to avoid prosecution for killing a judge, law enforcement officer, or public safety officer. Makes killing or attempted killing of a law enforcement officer, judge, prosecutor, or firefighter or other first responder aggravating factors in death penalty determinations. Limits federal court review of challenges to state court convictions for killing a public safety officer or judge.
The Private Prison Information Act, introduced last Congress by Senator Cardin (D-MD)
• Strengthens oversight of private prisons by making the same information available under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) that is required from BOP facilities.
End For-Profit Prisons Act, introduced by Rep. Watson-Coleman (D-NJ)
• Requires DOJ to phase out existing contracts with private prison companies and halfway houses and requires federal employees to perform the core correctional services at federal prisons.
• Requires BOP to provide to prisoners, as part of prerelease procedures, information and counseling about: criminal record expungement; educational, employment, and treatment programs; and applications for public assistance programs. Also requires BOP to provide prisoners with post-release information about fines, assessments, surcharges, restitution, and other penalties.
More to come in 2019!!
Take Action help your union leaders in this fight!!
Legistation we are currently working on.
Leading the Pack in our Legislative Fight!!
Brian Mueller, President and Dave Poggemoeller, 1st Vice President of Greenville with Congressman Rodney Davis (IL-13) and Warden Tom Werlich on August 23, 2017. This site visit/tour was the result of an impressive sucsessfull letter writing campaign lead by the local.
Over 600 letters to there Senators and Congressman this summer.
Random Legislative Meeting Photos
How to Contact Us:
Council Prison Locals 33 North Central Region
North Central Regional
Fair Practice Coordinator
Congratulations to Dave Gardner and the Local 720 E-Board on their Sick Leave Abuse Letter arbitration victory!
North Central Region CPL33
maintains a web Site
To serve you better.
For questions, comments or suggestions about the web page please contact the web page manager.
NCR-CPL33 does not necessairly agree with or adopt the content or opinion of any other web
site linked from, or identified in, this site.